If you are looking for something healthy, filling, and fresh, Thai fish & lettuce wraps are the perfect dish. They’re like exotic Thai style burritos that really pack a punch. Along with the obvious ingredients, the combination of ginger, peanuts, dried shrimp, lime, and chilies is really something to experience. Also, if you’re craving some food on the lighter side, this is something worth trying out.
Main Ingredients for 3-4 people
- 3-4 Of Mackerel Fish (or 1 Nile Tilapia)
- 1 Pack of Noodles (Khanom Jeen)
- 1 Head of Romaine Lettuce (or Pak Gad Hom)
- A Bunch of Chinese Kale
- 1 Chinese Cabbage
- 4 Tablespoons of Peanuts
- 1 Lime (Small Pieces)
- 2 Tablespoons of Dried Shrimps
- 2 Pieces of Fresh Red Chilies (Small Pieces)
- 4-5 Celery Root
- 1 Piece of Ginger Root (Small Pieces)
- 1 Handful of Mint
- 3-4 Shallots (Small Pieces)
Ingredients for Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of Fish Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Hot Water
- 1 Tbsp of Coconut Sugar (or Normal Sugar)
- 4 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 4-5 of Chilies
- Chopped Stems of Coriander (or Cilantro)
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
Preparation of Sauce
- First add the chilies, garlic and celery into the mortar.
- Crush in the mortar and pestle!
- Then add the limes juice with some lighter crushing
- Next add coconut sugar, fish sauce, and hot water.
- Pour out the finished sauce into a small bowl for serving.
Preparation of Ingredients & Eating
- Cut, clean, and prepare all of the listed ingredients
- Fry the fish with sunflower or palm oil, remove fish from bone.
- Lay out all the ingredients on a cutting board and/or multiple dishes
- Then grab a piece of lettuce (from a large bowl) of your choosing
- Add your preferred ingredients for your wrap and dig in.
Enjoy and Share!