Without a doubt one of the most popular Thai dishes in the world is Tom Yam Kung. Our take on this classic is sure to light your senses on fire. Put together at home with the freshest limes, chilies and everything else, we hope that this is a recipe that you will be able to enjoy it as much as we do!
- 20 medium sized shrimp
- 3 kind of mushrooms 15 pieces
- 1 stalk of lemon grass (cut into 2″ long pieces)
- 3-4 lime leaves
- 1 galangal root (cut to 1/2 inch chunks)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoons of sugar
- 4 tablespoons of lime juice
- 3 tablespoons of fresh milk
- 3 tablespoons of chili paste
- 4-6 red Thai chilies (pound lightly)
- 4 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of roughly cut coriander leaves
- 2 tomatoes (cut into wedges)
1. Remove the shrimp shell but leave the tails for appearance. Then cut open the back of each shrimp to remove the veins. Also clean the mushrooms, lime, lemon grass, galangal, with water and dry them well and cut before wedging each into quarters.
2. Start the pot of boiling water while adding lemon grass, lime leaves, chili and galangal for 7 minutes, and add the shrimp. When the shrimps turn pink, add mushrooms.
3. Then mix in the chili paste, fresh milk and tomatoes.
4. Turn off the stove after everything’s well cooked and boiled. Then season with fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, salt and garnish on top with pieces of coriander leaves.
5. Enjoy and Share!