Thai Corn Salad or Tam Khao Pote (ตำข้าวโพด) is a dish which is less common than Thailand’s traditional papaya salad, but it has a nice balance of flavors which are wonderfully sweet, sour and spicy. Also a good dish for when you don’t have access to Papayas. It is great on its own or as a side dish with other Thai food. Lime juice is an important ingredient so here is a top tip: roll the lime firmly with the palm of your hand over a work surface a few times before squeezing it and you will get more juice. And always cut the lime through the middle, not end to end. This dish takes about 10 minutes and serves nicely for 2 people.
- 1 cup of sliced corn
- 4 tablespoons cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tomato (sliced into 8 wedges)
- 2 tablespoons of dried shrimp
- 4 tablespoons of peanuts
- 2 fresh red chilies
- 2-3 pieces of garlic
(Everything is prepared in the mortar and pestle)
- First add the chillies and garlic, start crushing!
- Then add the green beans and dried shrimp, lighter crushing..
- Next coconut sugar and tomato make it to combine
- Lastly mix in the the corn, peanuts, fish sauce and lime juice
- Enjoy and Share!